The Easiest Bread You’ll Ever Make
I love sourdough, rye, and all kinds of bread. Bread is my love language, but if I’m honest, I don’t always have the time necessary to create an artisan loaf of bread (think a 16-hour process for a good sourdough loaf).
See, I want the amazing bread without the hours of proofing, shaping, and kneading — enter the overnight, no-knead loaf that you will LOVE. The best part of this bread, besides the fact that ANYONE can make it, is that it is versatile. You can change the flavor and get adventurous with combinations, and I haven’t created one yet that I did not love.
So here is what you’ll need:
- Stand mixer with dough hook (you can get away with not having one, but you will need to put a little more elbow grease into it)
- Oiled bowl
- Plastic wrap (I use a shower cap)
- Dutch oven
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. yeast
- 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water
Here is where you can add additional flavors. We love the plain, but at times, also add 2 Tbsp. of cinnamon and 1 ½ cups of raisins for a cinnamon and raisin loaf. Another great flavor combination is orange and cranberry by simply adding 1 cup of cranberries and 2 Tbsp. of orange juice. You can create savory combinations also — the sky is the limit so get creative.
- Place all ingredients in your stand mixer and mix with dough hook for 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, folding and kneading for 5 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise overnight.
- In the morning, turn oven on to 450 degrees Fahrenheit with the Dutch oven inside. Once the oven is at 450, remove Dutch oven and either sprinkle flour in the bottom or place a piece of parchment/baking paper at the bottom.
- Shape dough into a ball and drop into the hot Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the loaf and place on a cutting board or wire rack and let sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
It’s as simple as that.
Let me know how it turns out, or which flavor combinations you discover.
My greatest sermon is the one I preach to myself every day. That the idea of balance is not only unattainable but that it is an unhealthy weight that we as women place upon ourselves. The reality is that perfect people don't exist, so why then do we try to be perfect moms, perfect wives, and everything to everyone? But aren't you glad that we don't have to navigate this crazy, beautiful life alone? Learn more about me below!